This guide will guide you on how to leave a Discord server that you no longer wish to be part of or accept updates for. It will even discuss how to pass control of a server if you want someone else to take care of it after you’ve left.
How to leave the Discord Server to the Desktop Application
Leaving the Discord server on your desktop application is really fast and takes only a few clicks or taps. Here’s how to do it.
- If required, open the Discord application and log in.
- Find the server you want to leave.
- Right-click and hold on to the icon of the server you want to leave.
- Select Leave Server from the list menu.
- When asked, pick Leave Server from the confirmation prompt.
- You have quit the server now, and you can no longer get any updates from it. If you wish to be able to use it or obtain details from it again, you will need to rejoin.
How to Leave a Discord Server on the Smartphone App
You may also exit a Discord server using a smartphone app, which is no more difficult than a desktop application.
- Open Discord on your mobile or other device.
- Pick the server that you wish to exit from the left-hand menu.
- Click and hold the name of the server.
- Please select leave Server. To validate, click Leave Server again when prompted.
We hope that this article would have helped you the way you’ve wanted. Hence, now you would be able to easily leave any of the Discord servers you want.